- Open and compassionate
- Pragmatic: My goal is for you to be fully functioning in your life in a healthy way
- Sensitive to cultural differences and sexual orientations
Extensive Knowledge and Experience
- In 1984 I graduated from the University of Alberta with a Ph.D. in Counselling Psychology. I have lectured in psychology at the college and university levels, including the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta and Camosun College in Victoria, B.C.
- I have been in private practice for over 30 years, originally in Edmonton, Alberta and for the past five years in Victoria, B.C. As well, I have worked in pain clinics in Canmore, Alberta and Vancouver, B.C.
- I am currently writing a self-help book on managing anxiety, titled Chasing the Dragon. Excerpts will be included on this website and on social media.
Commitment to the Community
- For 20 years in Edmonton, Alberta and since 2011 in Victoria, B.C., I have offered a FREE anxiety management support group. You are welcome to attend on Thursdays, 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Island Mental Health Building, 125 Skinner Street, Victoria. No pressure environment. No registration required.
- My rates are on a sliding scale based on financial need ($100 to $180 per 50-minute session).
- Over the years I have given numerous public, television and radio lectures and presentations and contributed to articles in print media, such as a broadcast on anxiety for 6:30 CHED in Edmonton, Alberta titled The Fear Factor. [link coming soon]